2127 To To Tom Dr
Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538
Artist’s Statement: I have never been able to color in the lines, am not a fan of coloring books, never make chocolate chip cookies the same way twice, so it makes sense that I have a hard time following rules when it comes to making art. Rules have a function. They establish a foundation from which an artist can expand, experiment and explore ideas in the pursuit of creativity, discovery and art. If creativity and discovery are what art is, and I believe they are, then art needs to fall outside of established foundations, lines, rules and boundaries.
~ Christine Alfery
Christine Alfery’s studio will soon reopen for the 2020 Northwoods Summer Art Tour and tours by appointment. As we continue to navigate the extraordinary impact of COVID-19, we wanted to let you know that Health and Safety will be of the utmost importance.
We have developed the following preventative measures to minimize risk for the artist and all who visit her studio:
- Thank you for wearing a mask. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided. Masks are required to visit the studio.
- Thank you for washing your hands. When you arrive please wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds as per CDC recommendations.
- Thank you for wearing gloves. They will be provided as well. So many people come through the studio and often touch surfaces. Gloves will be required to visit the studio.
- Tours will be one way to support social distancing. There will be a separate entry and exit for studio tours.
- Tours will be limited to 6 visitors at a time. Thank you for your patience if you have to wait for another group to finish before entering.
- Appointments are available on the hour for the Northwoods Art Tour weekend Friday-Sunday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Walk-in’s are welcome during the Northwoods art tour, but you might have to wait as appointments will take priority. Please email the artist at: email@example.com to see if the time slot you desire is available. Please reserve your time slot now if this is important to you.
- Virtual tours are available. If you are not able to attend the 2020 Summer Northwoods Art Tour you will be sincerely missed! The artist understands and has put together a tour of all artwork on display and some videos of specific new works so you can get virtually up close and personal and hear the artist’s inspiration, techniques, and stories. These videos will be available on Facebook: Artist – Christine Alfery. Remember to click Like if you visit virtually!
- Artwork is available for collection online and in person. Please visit ChristineAlfery.com or email if you have any questions.
The peace of mind and the health of all involved is our priority as we take these first steps. As we move forward our hearts remain those who have been affected personally by COVID19 and the impact it has had on the global community.
We have missed you in The Arts community and look forward to welcoming you again.
Christine Alfery’s studio is nestled in the woods in Vilas County, Wisconsin on a lake on an Indian Reservation. There she finds the peace and freedom to paint. Laura Fiser, Curator of Collections at the Paine Art Center in Oshkosh, described her work as “an exceptional mix of spontaneity and expressiveness. Her palette is both understated and lush.” Julie Ganzer from the University of Wisconsin-Madison states that, “through the artist’s use of line, texture and bright color, simple ‘organizms’ almost literally bounce and wriggle through …” her work. These “organizms” Christine calls “critters” and they appear in all of her work along with other visual symbols such as ladders, wheels, kisses, hugs, whirlygigs and other playful things. Christine tells stories with these visual symbols about things she loves and cares for. Her work, according to national watercolor artist Stephen Quiller, is “playful and has a nice energy.”
Christine shows her contemporary, conceptual watercolor and acrylics paintings nationally and internationally. She competes in watercolor competitions around the world. She has won over 100 national awards and is a signature member of 10 national watercolor societies. Her studio is open during the tour and by appointment after the tour. She welcomes and treasures visits from art lovers from all over the country. She welcomes your visit to her studio nestled in the northwoods.