Northwoods Art Tour Criteria
Deadlines & Fees
- New Member Application Deadline October 15
- Non-refundable Jury Fee $20 payable by check to Northwoods Art Tour with application
- Notification of Acceptance by November 1
- Tour Fee Due by November 30
- $250 Individual Artist, $350 Artist Owned Gallery, $160 guest Artist
- If an artist or gallery chooses not to volunteer their time, there’s an additional fee of $200
- Artists are required to serve on at least one committee
- The Northwoods Art Tour was established as an educational, interactive event, taking place primarily at artists’ studios. There are three membership categories as defined below:
* Individual Artist: an individual, and/or one other family member, selling from their home or private studio during the tour. Individual artists may not sell work by artists other than themselves during the tour.
*Artist-owned Gallery: a gallery owned by the artist/applicant that also sells work of other artists. A gallery can ask one of their current artists to be on hand to demonstrate during the tour, but that assumes any work sold is through the gallery, and they are not setting up a booth. They pay no fee to the tour.
* A Gallery also can sponsor a Guest Artist who may or may not be an artist who sells work in the gallery, and in that case, the artist is listed in the brochure, pays the fee, and can set up a booth or tables to sell their work individually. An Individual Artist also may sponsor a Guest Artist who pays the $160 fee.
- Participation in both the summer and the fall tours is not mandatory, but encouraged. Preference will be given to applicants committing to both the summer and the fall weekends. The fee is the same whether you participate in one or both. EVERY participant is required to be open and present for the entire 3 days of each tour they participate in, and have demonstrations going each day.
- Northern Wisconsin full-time residency is our preference, and artists meeting the criteria will be considered first for inclusion on the tour. Part-time residents may be considered on a yearly basis and are welcome to apply.
- The boundaries of the tour will remain as the present map defines and we will evaluate any new applicants based upon geographic location. See a tour brochure or website for map details.
- All participants are required to have liability insurance during the tour, which is available through one’s household/business insurance policy as a rider.
- Every participant must display the official Northwoods Art Tour banner at their studio. If necessary, also place banners at highway and/or road intersections for ease in finding your site. We want a uniform look, and for attendees to know that this is an “official” site on the tour. Banners are available for purchase.
- All participants are required to attend at least one of the three meetings in order to participate in the tour. Attendance at all is a high priority.
- If space in the brochure becomes an issue, participants will be prioritized based upon attendance at meetings, volunteering, meeting the established criteria, and degree of contribution to the tour.
- All participating artists are expected to do work of their original design and concept
- Participating artists are asked to fill out an annual renewal form with current information.
- Artists are required to donate a piece of their art to the annual WXPR art auction in the late summer/fall.